Monday, May 23, 2011

Graduation is finally over!!!!

That stressful event will not occur again for another 2.5 years thank God!!!! If you are one of my friends on facebook, as most of my followers are, you will notice a rather depressing post about potato salad. To put things in perspective we had 50 pounds to start with. Since we have been eating it since then there is still about 25 pounds left. We're at the half way point!!!!! To most of you this seems like a very funny situation but for my family it caused a three day weekend from hell. My family has a tendency to over dramatize the situation. My mom felt that no one was helping her, my dad thought this was all a waste of time, my grandma thought every little thing was a mountain, my other grandma and grandpa tried to help but are both so old that they really couldn't do anything with pissing off my mom, Ben and Taryn were no where to be found even though it was their party and I was stuck right in the middle of all this crap. I was so happy to go back to work this morning just to get away from my family. For once I would really like some time with my family were no one is arguing. But that's just a dream.

Speaking of dreams, I got an offer to sing the national anthem at a pheasant's game!!! I just have to send in a recording so they know I don't suck but after that I get to sing in front of a lot of the big time people of Sioux Falls. Not necessarily the musically inclined, but the people who have a lot of money, or time to waste at our ball park, to sponsor possible events that may need entertainment. I'm really excited but I do still have to pass the audition. Wish me luck!!

I can't wait for Friday!!! A whole day with Kevin, and possibly Kayla and Andrew. Then we get to spend the weekend with his family. A lot of people might think I'm weird for loving to spend time with my boyfriend's family but if I had to choose between a day with my family and a day with Kevin's I would pick Kevin's. Yes my family loves him but for me it's a lot easier to hang out with his siblings than it is with mine. There is an age gap.. It would have been really nice to have him here to lean on this weekend, even with the screaming high school kids. I don't remember being that laud when I graduated. I guess I kinda feel old being around all my sibling's friends.

Oh well at least it's over!!!!
later
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment